Monday, September 21, 2009

Font Poem

For my font poem I came across a Dave Matthews Band quote that was about relaxing and not letting your worries get the best of you. I picked it because most of the time, I am stressed out about one thing or another and can get very flustered. Which is why the glichs in this class really get to me and I am so easily frustrated. When I get to a point that I am very frustrated it is difficult for me to take a step back and focus on what needs to be done. This quote reminds me to take time to take a deep breathe, and my worries are not as important as they may seem.

The Mac computer in the library that I am currently using will not let me open my font poem, even though I made my font poem on this exact same computer about a week ago. Therefore, I do not know exactly which fonts I used but I can recall in general what I did from memory. For the word "relax" I chose a cool color blue that reminds me of peacefulness and made it in the font that resembled what i looked like in that 80's song " Relax, don't do it" music video. For the words "trouble" and "worries" I thought a fire engine red would work because it is a color that symbolizes both anger and panic. For the word "weight" I chose a light gray to remind readers of a weight in a gym. I then manipulated the word in a way that made it look as though something was pulling it down so it looked heavy.

I didn't encounter too many problems with this assignment. I thought it was rather easy and a great way to introduce us to working with layers before we attempted our collage. I am most proud that I made it through an assignment without getting frustrated, mostly because the contact sheet was challenging for me.

If I had had more time I would have changed my quote all together. When I heard that we were going to make collages that had to do with our font poems I wanted to change my font poem all together to a quote by Mae West about never burning bridges and then do parts of my body from all the different sports I have done and maybe some from my graduation to symbolize where I have been and that I value all the friendships I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment