Monday, October 19, 2009

Powerpoint design rational




For my powerpoint I was first going to do the spice girls, but I wanted to make it more dramatic so I changed my mind and did Lady Gaga, sorry professor Shiebler! I know you're not a fan.

For my first slide I chose a picture of Lady Gaga in animal print with a painted blue mark on her face. I tried to get my font color as close as possible to the blue on her face and used apple chancery for my font. I think it is a nice legible font, but it is also funky and girly like Lady Gaga.

For the second slide I chose a picture of Lady Gaga's profile with giant headphones on. She has bright pink lipstick on so keeping with the theme of the previous slide I tried to match the color of the font with her lipstick. I made the background black and had the facts come up in order around her head. I used calabri for font which is boring but safe and easy to read. since the facts were appearing and then dissapearing I wanted to choose a very easy on the eyes font so that people could read them fast and they wouldn't miss any of the facts.

For the third slide I chose the cover of "the fame" because it is bold and again made my background black. Again I chose lucida bright, an easy to read font because I wanted it to be easy to read so that I didn't have to spend much time on this slide because reading track names is kinda boring.

For the fifth slide I made a bad mistake by not making individual text boxes so that the facts and categories could come in one at a time. I should have redone this slide but other assignments and time didn't allow me to do so. I think I spent enough time on this slide so that everyone could at least read everything on the slide before it transitioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment